Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Fun Fact

So something many of you don't know about me is that I have been and will be a contestant in Miss Maryland USA. In high school I did Miss Maryland Teen and had an absolutely miserable experience. I found the girls to be catty and overall just not my "type of people." After I graduated college I found myself in not so great shape and really needed a goal to get me into a healthier lifestyle. I entered Miss Maryland last year with very, VERY, low expectations because of the negative experience I had with the Teen competition. So I trained, and did everything I was supposed to do, although I must say I kind of lost most of my drive after a while because eating healthy is working out all the time just isn't fun. But anyway, the weekend of competition I can't say that I was super ready, but I had a great time. I met some great people and learned a lot about myself and what I can accomplish. This year I'm not going into the competition with any hopes of winning. I just want to present the best me I can. I can however say that I will be much better prepared this time!

11 comments:

  1. Caitlin, you have something in common with our THirsty Thursday guest Gabrielle Jackson. I hope you do your research and discover it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be confident!! Your a beautiful girl and those girls you'll be competing against better watch their backs! I'll be in your corner. GOODLUCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caitlin, this is awesome! Although I am surprised about your interest in pageants, I have no doubt that you will do amazing! Goodluck!

    P.S I would love to hear more about this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was entered in the Miss Maryland USA pageant last year and I decided to drop out due to law school. Kind of cool that we could have possibly met before the MSBA program! And don't let those girls get you down. Good Luck this year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Porsche that would have been so cool! But I think law school is a good reason to drop out!

      Delete
  5. This is awesome! You'll do great without a doubt! If you'd like any cheerleaders just let us know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would gladly accept cheerleaders! I'll take all of the support I can get!

      Delete
  6. What a fun task to take on Caitlin! Taking part in these pageants takes a lot of confidence. Putting yourself out there can be nerve wracking and something I am not very good at! It is also great that you are doing for health and fitness reasons. I probably will not end up signing up for a pageant (stage fright!) but I should start developing some sort of exercise regiment! Let's go on a run together sometime!

    Can't wait to read more about you going forward! See you in class!

    Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now it makes sense why you laughed when I called you Miss America, I had no idea you were a pageant star!! GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Caitlin, I think your motivation for doing this, fitness and health reasons, is so inspirational. Keep up the good work! I liked reading about your "fun fact" and am confident that you will do great this year. I'm looking forward to hearing more about how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. I've never had a celebrity in class before. Looking forward to meeting you!

    ReplyDelete